Welcome to Coffee and Headlines, our daily get-together, live on Facebook, where we exchange headlines, questions, comments, tips and suggestions on how to best connect with Puerto Vallarta, our home, as an English-speaking community of locals. We broadcast every day at 10:30 am on Facebook and make the daily broadcasts available on YouTube throughout the day.
Here are some of the most common questions we get asked about Coffee and Headlines. If you don’t find an answer, feel free to contact us using either one of the links, below!
What is the best way to contact you directly?
By using the contact form on the website: www.paco-ojeda.com/contact
Or by sending a message through the Coffee & Headlines Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pacoojedalive
I sent you a message on your PERSONAL Facebook page and you did not answer it. Why?
We only welcome messages on the PERSONAL Facebook page from actual Facebook friends. We only add new Facebook friends when the request comes from someone we actually know or met beforehand. If we are not Facebook friends, kindly use either one of the two links, above.
What topics do you feature in Coffee & Headlines?
Anything that can help the local English-speaking community to better connect with Puerto Vallarta and also to better understand aspects of Mexican history culture that may be relevant for those that call Puerto Vallarta ‘home.’ We are particularly drawn to interesting stories as they relate to new businesses, projects, milestones, etc., and always try to break down our stories into two broad categories: Headlines (the truly important stuff) and Leisure.
Where do you get your news from?
We browse through headlines from 25+ local, state, regional, national and international reputable news sources to select the content for each broadcast. In addition, a number of members are in the habit of submitting news items that others might be interested in learning more about. Reliable news sources are important to us, so we stay away from “a friend just told me…” or “I heard from a good source that…” -type situations.
I have a suggestion on a topic/news item. Can I send it to you?
Absolutely! Please use either one of the Contact links mentioned elsewhere in this document.
I have a specific question about something. What can I do?
More often than not, someone from the community is likely to have an answer for you during the live broadcasts. You are always welcome to contact us directly (see the Contact section) but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find answers to every individual question. And when we do, if the answer could be relevant for the community, it is addressed and (hopefully) answered during the live broadcasts.
Watching Coffee & Headlines Live
How do I get notified when you go live?
By liking and/or following the Coffee & Headlines Facebook page, you will be notified whenever we go live. (IMPORTANT: We only go live on Facebook, although you can watch all our videos at leisure both on Facebook and YouTube.)
I am not available to watch the show live. What can I do?
Are there any rules for engaging through commentary on the daily broadcasts?
Yes. We take pride in being an upbeat, nurturing, diverse and inspiring community, exchanging information obtained from reliable sources. As such, we kindly ask that if you wish to interact by commenting during a live broadcast, you:
- Feel free to say ‘hello’ and where you are watching from.
- Refrain from making blanket statements such as ‘___ is useless,’ or ‘people from ___ are horrible,’ or ‘the food at restaurant ___ is lousy,’ unless you are ready to back your statements so the community can benefit from your knowledge and expertise.
- Respect other people’s opinions, and if yours is different, kindly say so respectfully.
- Refrain from sharing bits of information that you obtained from hearsay, i.e. ‘somebody told me that…’ or ‘I read on Facebook that…’
- Feel free to provide word-of-mouth commentary on your favorite show, restaurant, shop, etc., but kindly refrain from posting promotions or advertisements of any kind.
- Address every member of the Coffee & Headlines community with respect.
Failure to follow these five guidelines will result in being banned from Coffee & Headlines.
What are the show notes?
Show notes are all the links to web pages and other bits of information shared on every edition of Coffee & Headlines. They are made available to viewers shortly after each broadcast is over.
Where can I find the show notes?
Show notes are available in three places:
- On each individual show in the Facebook videos page: https://www.facebook.com/pacoojedalive/videos/
- On each individual show in the YouTube Coffee & Headlines playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcFZxeRyZHanPV2PeusiyC6w0WZglag5B
- On the Paco-Ojeda.com website.
How is Coffee & Headlines funded?
Coffee & Headlines is funded by viewers like you. If you find the content useful, inspiring, or it helps you connect with Puerto Vallarta and other members of the community, consider supporting Coffee & Headlines. Your support allows us to continue to build every single program, adding special features such as walking tours, interviews, etc., on a regular basis.
What are my support options?
There are two support options, available through Buy Me A Coffee (www.buymeacoffee.com/ojedapaco)
- Buy us a coffee or as many as you want at $3 USD/cup, as often as you’d like! Click on the ‘Support’ tab to buy us as many coffees as you want, as often as you like at $3 USD per cup! You will be asked to create a Buy Me A Coffee account and funds will be obtained from your PayPal account.
ADVANTAGES: You can be kind and generous whenever you like, buying coffees repeatedly.
DISADVANTAGES: Coffee buyers may not have access to exclusive content available only to ongoing members.
- Become an ongoing member for $4USD/month or $30/year! Click on the ‘Membership’ tab to become a monthly member (at $4 USD per month) or annual (at $30 USD per year). You will be asked to create a Buy Me A Coffee account and funds will be obtained from your PayPal account.
ADVANTAGES: You can help us continue with our work, while having access to occasional exclusive content created just for ongoing members.
Can I pursue membership and still buy you occasional coffees?
Absolutely! We love to be loved by you and are grateful for your ongoing support!
What do I receive with my ongoing membership?
You receive the certainty that Coffee & Headlines will continue to deliver trustworthy content on a regular basis. In addition, we release member-exclusive content (we call it ‘perks’) on occasion, as a way for us to thank YOU for your ongoing support! An example of this is our Vallarta For Foodies map, with 25+ amazing eateries in Versalles and surrounding areas:
I am a member. How do I access the perks?
You log into BuyMeACoffee with the same email and password you used to become a member and click on https://www.buymeacoffee.com/ojedapaco/posts to access all exclusive content.
I don’t have a PayPal account. Can I still become a member?
Yes. We are happy to accept cash payments and will gladly add you to the list of members so you can receive all the available perks. Please get in touch with us through either one of the two contact links and we’ll gladly take care of you!
How do I cancel my membership?
We’d hate to see you go, but if you decide to no longer be a membership supporter at Coffee & Headlines, you must unsubscribe following the instructions available on the link below. You will continue to be charged monthly unless you do! https://help.buymeacoffee.com/en/articles/3364732-how-do-i-cancel-my-membership-to-a-creator
Advertising & Promotion
Can I advertise my business in Coffee & Headlines?
No. We don’t have advertising options at Coffee & Headlines at present time.
But I hear you mentioning several businesses constantly. What’s up with that?
At Coffee & Headlines we love mentioning and promoting:
- Businesses whose owners/staff actively participate in the ongoing conversation that takes place during our daily broadcasts.
- Folks who take the time to share with us interesting and compelling stories about their business.
- Word-of-mouth accounts of not-to-be-missed experiences in town such as new businesses openings, great restaurants, shows, day passes, activities and so on.
We are a local non-profit organization. Will you promote us?
We will attempt to mention specific events if relevant information is sent to us in a timely fashion. But above and beyond that, Coffee & Headlines does not stand behind or support any non-profit organization in Puerto Vallarta or surrounding areas.