Welcome to Coffee and Headlines, our daily get-together, live on Facebook, where we exchange headlines, questions, comments, tips and suggestions on how to best connect with Puerto Vallarta, our home, as an English-speaking community of locals. We broadcast every day at 10:30 am on Facebook and make the daily broadcasts available on YouTube throughout the day.
Here are some of the most common questions we get asked about Coffee and Headlines. If you don’t find an answer, feel free to contact us using either one of the links, below!
What is the best way to contact you directly?
I sent you a message on your PERSONAL Facebook page and you did not answer it. Why?
We only welcome messages on the PERSONAL Facebook page from Facebook friends. We only add new Facebook friends when the request comes from someone we actually know beforehand. If we are not Facebook friends, kindly use either one of the two links, above.
What topics do you feature in Coffee & Headlines?
Anything that can help the local English-speaking community to better connect with Puerto Vallarta and also to understand aspects of Mexican history culture that may be relevant for those that call Puerto Vallarta ‘home.’ We are particularly drawn to interesting stories as they relate to new businesses, projects, milestones, etc., and always try to break down our stories into two broad categories: Headlines (the truly important stuff) and Leisure.
Where do you get your news from?
We browse through headlines from 25+ local, state, regional, national and international reputable news sources to select the content for each broadcast. In addition, a number of members are in the habit of submitting news items that others might be interested in learning more about.
I have a suggestion on a topic/news item. Can I send it to you?
Absolutely! Please use either one of the Contact links mentioned elsewhere in this document.
I have a specific question about something. What can I do?
More often than not, someone from the community is likely to have an answer for you during the live broadcasts. You are always welcome to contact us (see the Contact section) but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find answers to individual questions. And when we do, if the answer could be relevant for the community, it is addressed and (hopefully) answered during the live broadcasts.
Why are English-speaking ‘locals’ so important to you?
As a destination, Puerto Vallarta has been catering to tourists for decades. As our city has grown in population, so has the number of English-speaking residents that call our city ‘home.’ And while there are some topics/needs that are common to tourists and residents, many are not. There are many sources of information out there for tourists, and not nearly as many for the 35,000+ English-speaking folk that live in Puerto Vallarta year-around or seasonally.
Watching Coffee & Headlines Live
How do I get notified when you go live?
By liking and/or following the Coffee & Headlines Facebook page, you will be notified whenever we go live. (IMPORTANT: We only go live on Facebook, although you can watch all our videos at leisure both on Facebook and YouTube.)
I am not available to watch the show live. What can I do?
Are there any rules for participating?
Yes. We take pride in being an upbeat, nurturing, diverse and inspiring community, exchanging information obtained from reliable sources only. As such, we kindly ask that if you wish to interact by commenting during a live broadcast, you:
- Feel free to say ‘hello’ and where you are watching from.
- Feel free to comment with the word ‘NEW’ so we can give you a proper welcome during the broadcast or shortly thereafter.
- Feel free to add the letter ‘Q’ at the beginning of your comment if you wish to have your question addressed during the broadcast or shortly thereafter. There are a lot of people sharing comments during any given broadcast so the ‘Q’ allows us to spot your question quickly.
- Refrain from making blanket statements such as ‘___ is useless,’ or ‘people from ___ are horrible,’ or ‘the food at restaurant ___ is lousy,’ unless you are ready to back your statements so the community can benefit from your knowledge and expertise.
- Respect other people’s opinions, and if yours is different, kindly say so respectfully.
- Refrain from sharing bits of information that you obtained from hearsay, i.e. ‘somebody told me that…’ or ‘I read on Facebook that…’
- Address every member of the Coffee & Headlines community with respect.
Failure to follow 4-7 can result in being banned from Coffee & Headlines.
What are the show notes?
Show notes are all the links to web pages and other bits of information shared on every edition of Coffee & Headlines. They are made available to viewers shortly after each broadcast is over.
Where can I find the show notes?
Show notes are available in three places:
- On each individual show in the Facebook videos page: https://www.facebook.com/pacoojedalive/videos/
- On each individual show in the YouTube Coffee & Headlines playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcFZxeRyZHanPV2PeusiyC6w0WZglag5B
- On the Paco-Ojeda.com website.
How is Coffee & Headlines funded?
Coffee & Headlines is funded by viewers like you. If you find the content useful, inspiring, or it helps you connect with Puerto Vallarta and other members of the community, consider supporting Coffee & Headlines. Your support allows us to continue to build every single program, adding special features such as walking tours, interviews, etc., on a regular basis.
What are my support options?
There are two support options, available through Buy Me A Coffee (www.buymeacoffee.com/ojedapaco)
- Buy us a coffee or as many as you want! Click on the ‘Support’ tab to buy us as many coffees as you want, as often as you like at $3 USD per cup! You will be asked to create a Buy Me A Coffee account and funds will be obtained from your PayPal account.
- Become an ongoing member (monthly or annually)! Click on the ‘Membership’ tab to become a monthly member (at $4 USD per month) or annual (at $30 USD per year). You will be asked to create a Buy Me A Coffee account and funds will be obtained from your PayPal account.
Can I pursue membership and still buy you occasional coffees?
Absolutely! We love to be loved by you and are grateful for your ongoing support!
What do I receive with my membership?
You receive the certainty that Coffee & Headlines will continue to deliver trustworthy content on a regular basis. In addition, we release member-exclusive content (we call it ‘perks’) on a regular basis, as a way for us to thank YOU for your ongoing support!
I just became a member. Where are the perks?
You will find everything/anything that has been offered exclusively for members at the following link: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/ojedapaco/posts . You will need to be a member and be logged in to Buy Me A Coffee in order to access perks.
I don’t have a PayPal account. Can I still become a member?
Yes. We are happy to accept cash payments and will gladly add you to the list of members so you can receive all the available perks. Please get in touch with us through either one of the two contact links and we’ll gladly take care of you!
Can I advertise my business in Coffee & Headlines?
We don’t have advertising options at Coffee & Headlines at present time.