Here is an easy, inexpensive way to turn Mexican tiles into fun refrigerator magnets! Decorative Mexican tiles can be found in just about any traditional Mexican home. They are manufactured in several sizes and shapes. And for those of us in Puerto Vallarta, we are fortunate to have a tile factory right in the heart of town. Even if it’s just out of curiosity, you owe yourself a quick trip to Mundo de Azulejos in colonia Emiliano Zapata, just a 10 minute walk from Los Muertos Beach, where you will find not only tiles, but also many different decorative accents, many of which can be custom-designed to your liking. Within Mundo de Azulejos you will find a selection of small, square tiles, approximately 2×2 inches in size. These smaller tiles are perfect for the project at hand.
You will need:
- A variety of 2×2″ Mexican tiles
- Small magnets (available at Parisina in small packages of six)
- Glue gun (available at Parisina or Home Depot)
Putting together your tile magnets is truly a no-brainer! Simply place a drop of hot glue on each corner of the back of the tiles and quickly put a magnet on top of each drop. And that’s it!
What can you do with these?
- Place them on your fridge door at home to remind you of your wonderful Puerto Vallarta vacation
- Stocking stuffers for Christmas
- Bring one to a dinner party and offer it to the host as a thank-you gift
- Use them in your magnetic bulletin board or filing cabinet.
Mundo de Azulejos
Venustiano Carranza 374, Col. Emiliano Zapata